the midnight oil group is currently hiring a Graphic Designer to join its growing team. MOG is an extremely busy office with a variety of clients across industries. The designer is responsible for all visual marketing and branding for clients and must be comfortable designing for both print and digital. The ideal candidate must be able to juggle multiple deadlines, work closely with agency partners and clients, and, most importantly, contribute creativity and professionalism to every task.
We are looking for someone who is invested and wants to be a part of our team; this is NOT a 9 to 5 job. Resumes submitted without a portfolio will not be considered. At least 2 years experience at a creative agency or in-house design team is a MUST.
- Conceptualize, mock and design to completion for all agency clients.
- Meet with clients and agency partners to determine the scope of projects.
- Advise partners on graphic and visual strategies to achieve project goals.
- Ensure all marketing materials are correct and free from errors; attention to detail is essential.
- Make recommendations for proper marketing material type/vehicle in order to achieve goals.
- Design a variety of marketing materials, including brochures, flyers, social graphics, banners, advertisements, swag and digital ads.
- Design website graphics, producing an organized body of work for programmer.
- Work within existing brand standards as determined by client if applicable.
- Develop new, creative artwork for brands from scratch.
- Oversee and manage graphic design staff.
- Collaborate closely with other marketing staff, including account managers, copywriters, web programmers, and creative directors.
- Analytical skills. Must be able to approach work from the point of the consumer or target audience to determine how to design and achieve project goals.
- Artistic ability. Must be able to create designs and work that are artistically engaging, creative and appealing to clients and target audience groups.
- Communication skills. Must be able to communicate with agency staff, partners and clients when needed.
- Creativity & aesthetic. Must be able to develop new approaches for clients' marketing and communications needs. This involves creating new concepts or working within an existing brand style. Must proactively come up with new ideas and creative solutions for clients.
- Time-management skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize easily. Must be able to meet tight deadlines and produce quality work on time. Ability to delegate projects when necessary.
- Must be expert in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Must be able to design for print and digital platforms
- Website programming a plus
- WordPress proficient
Interested applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirement and references, resume and portfolio of work to email@example.com.